Man rescued after becoming trapped in two-story house fire - KMOV.com

Man rescued after becoming trapped in two-story house fire

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

WENTZVILLE (KMOV) – The Wentzville Fire Protection District reported that a person became trapped in a two-story home, when it caught fire early Saturday around 5:30 a.m. on the 200 block of Kerstyn Drive.

Firefighters say they rushed into the home and made their way through heavy smoke before reaching the trapped individual in the bedroom. The resident was rescued by fire crews and taken out of the home and rushed into an ambulance.

Firefighters say they put out the fire on the first floor of the home, but did not know the source at the time.

After an investigation, The Wentzville Fire Protection District reports that the source of the fire was determined to be an accidental discard of smoking material in a trash can.

Powered by Frankly