Candle sparks fire in O'Fallon apartment building - KMOV.com

Candle sparks fire in O'Fallon apartment building

(KMOV) -- An unattended candle on the floor of a hallway, is what fire officials believe sparked a fire in an O'Fallon, IL apartment.

The fire started around 11:30 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of White Oak.

When firefighters arrived on the scene they saw heavy smoke coming from the unit and the three adults living in the unit were able to get out safely.  Others living in the four-family apartment building were also to get out safely.

Firefighters were able to get the fire out quickly.

The unit has extensive water and smoke damage, no other units were damaged.

The three adults are staying with friends this morning. Everyone else in the building was able to return to their respective homes.

According to the fire department it will be a few weeks before the residences in the damaged unit are able to return because of the damage.

 

Powered by Frankly