Electric stove catches fire, forces family of 3 from Pagedale ho - KMOV.com

Electric stove catches fire, forces family of 3 from Pagedale home

Posted: Updated:
By Sarah Heath By Sarah Heath
By Sarah Heath By Sarah Heath
By Sarah Heath By Sarah Heath
By Sarah Heath By Sarah Heath
By Sarah Heath By Sarah Heath

PAGEDALE, Mo. (KMOV) –An electric stove was determined to be the cause of a fire that gutted a Pagedale home and left a family of three on the street early Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called to a 1st alarm fire located on the 1500 block of Engelholm. Fire officials say the home was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived just before 4 a.m.

Fire officials say a man was cooking on an electric stove when he stepped away for a moment. When he returned, the kitchen was engulfed in flames. 

A neighbor called 9-1-1, as the man woke a woman, and a 7-month-old baby, who were both sleeping inside the home. The boy suffered minor smoke inhalation, receiving treatment at the scene. 

The blaze gutted the home, leaving extensive damage.

No further investigations will be conducted.

 

 

 

Powered by Frankly