(KMOV.com) -- Firefighters responded to a fire that engulfed a home in Cahokia early Monday morning.
Authorities say no one was inside the apartment when the fire broke out in the 500 block of Mildred around 3:50 a.m.
A neighbor told News 4 they thought the fire might have started in an electrical box, but that was not confirmed by authorities.The home appeared to be a total loss.
No injuries were reported.
Red Cross volunteers were on the scene aiding firefighters.
Additional information was not immediately available.