ST. LOUIS—A small airplane once owned by Charles Lindbergh is now back on display at Lambert Airport in St. Louis.
Officials from the Missouri History Museum on Sunday spent nine hours installing the 1934 D-127 Monocoupe aircraft, which once again hangs over the C Concourse checkpoint in Terminal 1.
The museum also installed a new interactive history kiosk near the plane that displays the history of Lambert and Lindbergh.
The plane was removed in March 2011 as part of terminal renovations. It was originally installed at Lambert in 1979. Lambert officials say that over the years, the plane accumulated dust and other airborne pollutants that made it necessary for a conservation effort to make sure the plane was preserved.