Residents climb through window to escape Maplewood house fire - KMOV.com

Residents climb through window to escape Maplewood house fire

Posted: Updated:
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
(KMOV) – Two people were able to make it out safely after their home caught fire Thursday morning.
 
The flames broke out around 6:00 a.m. on High Street near Yale in Maplewood.
 
Firefighters say two adults were inside the home when the fire started. They say they woke up to the sound of glass popping and windows shattering and realized the house was on fire. Firefighters say the residents were able to escape through a back window. They were standing outside when firefighters arrived.
 
The house was engulfed in flames and heavy black smoke when fire crews got to the scene. Firefighters say there was so much smoke, that it was difficult to determine where the fire started.
 
No word yet on what sparked the blaze.

Powered by Frankly