St. Louis home too toxic for family to continue renting - KMOV.com

St. Louis home too toxic for family to continue renting

ST. LOUIS (KMOV) - A local family was renting a house and had to evacuate because conditions were so terrible that one child had to be sent to the hospital.

The house on Terry Avenue, has mold-covered walls and a sewage-filled basement. The Gardner family has been renting the house but was told to evacuate the premises immediately. One of the daughters was sent to the hospital after an allergic reaction to the mold growing inside the home.

Antionette Bullay, from Alderman Quincy Troupe's Office, says the belongings inside the house are too contaminated with mold to keep.

The landlord was contacted and claims the problem will be addressed and the building will be fixed in the next couple of weeks.

Powered by Frankly