Cottleville family loses home in 2-alarm blaze -

Cottleville family loses home in 2-alarm blaze

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

COTTLEVILLE, MO ( – A St. Charles County family lost their home Wednesday evening when a two-alarm blaze broke out.

Just after 5 pm, firefighters responded to fight a blaze in 5600 block of Walnut Point Lane. The residents of the house noticed the fire in the garage and called the fire department, but it was too late to save the structure.

The family, five children and two adults, were able to get out safely. The fire spread from the garage to the attic, and burned through the roof of the house.

Authorities believe the fire began because of poor disposal of bar-be-que materials- most likely coals that were improperly thrown away- that started the fire.


Powered by Frankly