Dressing up the fries with a thick smoky peppered bacon, love, and heirloom tomatoes. We all know what the love is... Philadelphia Cream Cheese! Anytime I bring out this platter full of love, I get oohs and ahhs! It is simple and with just a little care in arranging the love on the platter your guests will be wowed!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
8 ounce(s) of thick hickory smoked peppered bacon
1 pound(s) of french fries
4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese
1/4 cup(s) of sour cream
1/2 cup(s) of good quality ranch dressing
6 small heirloom tomatoes (assorted colors) divided
1/4 cup(s) of thinly sliced green onion
1. Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry in a heavy fry pan over medium high heat. Cook until just turning crisp. Remove from pan, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
2. While bacon is frying, prepare french fries according to directions on the bag. Salt and pepper the fries and keep warm. (My quick cheat tip is to buy my favorite fries from a nearby restaurant and put in oven on 150 degrees to keep warm till I am ready to assemble).
3. When the bacon is done, pour the grease out of the fry pan (do not clean the pan) and return pan to the heat. Turn the heat to medium low. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch dressing to the pan. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth. Immediately remove from the heat. Set aside.
4. Finely dice 4 of the small heirloom tomatoes and slice the remaining 2 tomatoes into thin wedges for decoration.
5. Arrange the fries on a large platter.
6. Pour the cream cheese mixture down the center of the fries.
7. Sprinkle the bacon crumbles over the cream cheese mixture.
8. Sprinkle the diced tomatoes over the bacon.
9. Sprinkle the sliced green onions over the tomatoes.
10. Optional: Fan the tomato wedges into a circle on top of/or on the side of the Pomme "BLT" Frites for decoration.