ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A massive redevelopment plan for a section of north St. Louis has been approved by the city's Board of Aldermen.
Two aldermen, Antonio French and Terry Kennedy, said Friday they couldn't vote in favor of the proposal. They said they felt developer Paul McKee had been too secretive in buying up land and hadn't done enough to maintain properties. But none of the roughly 20 other aldermen at the meeting objected.
Alderwoman April Ford-Grffin noted McKee still needs to come back before the city with specifics on his first phase of development.
The approved plan generally approved tax increment financing, where taxes generated by new development will help pay for infrastructure in the neighborhoods being redeveloped over 15 years.
McKee did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.