(KMOV) – A Jerseyville, Illinois man is recovering after a powerful propane tank explosion.
It happened Monday night at the Updike gas station.
Officials say the victim was airlifted to St. John's Mercy Medical Center where he is being treated.
The man's injuries are considered serious, but no word yet on his condition.
News 4 is told that the hose the man was using to fill a propane tank had a hole in it and the gas ignited.
The fire quickly spread to the victim's body.
The victim's name has not been released.