Florissant mother saves family on Mother's Day - KMOV.com

Florissant mother saves family on Mother's Day

(KMOV.com) -- A Florissant mother saved herself and seven others from carbon monoxide poisoning after she woke up to find family members unresponsive on Sunday morning.

Police responded to the 3500 block of Stonehaven Dr. after a mother woke up and noticed something was wrong.

The mother reportedly went from room to room to wake up the others in the household, but was unable to wake them. The mother then began feeling ill and called 911.

Police and fire crews responded to the scene and found elevated levels of carbon monoxide.

The victims were evacuated from the home and transported to area hospitals for treatment. Authorities report that all the victims were conscious upon leaving the scene.

The victims range from an infant to a 44-year-old.

Fire officials said a furnace and attic fan were running in the home, which likely spread the carbon monoxide fumes.

Stay tuned to News 4 and KMOV.com for more details on this developing story.

Powered by Frankly