LINCOLN COUNTY, Missouri (KMOV) – A brother and sister have been charged after authorities found a 30-year-old man dead from an apparent drug overdose inside a Troy, Missouri motel Monday night.
Siblings James Voss and Wendy Voss were charged with distributing a controlled substance, which police say contributed to Douglas Geiger’s death.
According to court documents, Geiger was found dead inside a motel room at America’s Best Value Inn in Troy, MO. Detectives discovered two syringes, the bottom of a can with suspected drug material and residue, two empty capsules and six capsules of heroin in the room.
Police said Geiger had apparent needle marks on his arm.
Detectives said James Voss admitted that his sister had sold nine buttons of heroin to Geiger and that he had agreed to deliver it. James Voss, police say, admitted to preparing the heroin and giving Geiger a syringe to inject the heroin intravenously.
Police say charges could be upgraded to Second-Degree Murder pending the outcome of toxicology tests.
Police resume search for man believed to have fatally shot girlfriend
St. Louis man charged with causing fatal accident
TSA defends pat-down of 4-year-old girl at airport
Photos: News 4 Awake Crew gives free gas to unsuspecting drivers -
'Teacher of the Year' accused of sending inappropriate texts to students
KMOV.com slideshow page