(KMOV) – Furnaces are one of the most common sources of carbon monoxide. The gas is produced when a burning device is not properly vented, operated or maintained.
It’s extremely important to change the filters in your heater frequently, and to have the heater checked regularly.
Carbon monoxide detectors are also important to have in your home.
The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are much like the flu: severe headache, dizziness and fatigue. Other symptoms include confusion and impaired judgment.
For more information on carbon monoxide poisoning, click here.