One dead after carbon monoxide poisoning in south St. Louis - KMOV.com

One dead after carbon monoxide poisoning in south St. Louis

(KMOV) – A man is dead following a reported carbon monoxide poisoning in south St. Louis.

Emergency crews responded to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning at a multi-family apartment building, around 2:45 p.m. Friday, in the 5400 block of O’Dell in south St. Louis. 

Crews say they found a 66-year-old Brett Quinn lifeless in one of the four-unit apartments. They attempted to revive him, but were unsuccessful. 

A 54-year-old woman was found in a second apartment unit and was rushed to Barnes-Jewish Hospital. She is recovering and is expected to survive.

 

Rescue officials say carbon monoxide detectors were not in any of the apartments.


Officials say the other units in the building were occupied, but it is not clear where the leak started. The owner of the building lives in 1 of the apartments. He was not injured.

Powered by Frankly