Herbed Pork Roast and Creamy Mushroom Gravy
servings 8 prep time 15 minutes
baking time 1 hour stand time 10 minutes
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves, or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley leaves, or 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves, or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic, McCormick®
1 21/2- to 3-pound boneless pork loin roast
2 cans (103/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
(98% fat-free), Campbell’s®
1 cup skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine herbs and garlic. Cut small slits over surface of roast and press herb mixture into slits. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan; do not cover. Place in oven and roast until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Remove roast from pan and let rest 10 minutes.
2. Stir soup into drippings in roasting pan and heat over medium heat. Gradually stir in skim milk. Continue to stir until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Berry Harvest Corn Bread Trifle
Start to Finish 20 minutes
Makes 16 servings
2 cups milk
2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix, Jell-O
1/2 cup honey, Sue Bee
1 package (16-ounce) prepared corn bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 bags (16-ounces each) frozen mixed berries, thawed, Dole
1/4 cup sliced almonds, Planters
1. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, pudding mix, and honey for 2 minutes; let stand for 3 minutes until thick. Spoon half of the pudding into the bottom of a trifle dish. Top with half of corn bread cubes. Spoon all of mixed berries over corn bread. Top berries with remaining corn bread, then add the remaining pudding. Sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate trifle until ready to serve.
Smoked Turkey and Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette (Beauty)
Start to Finish 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
FOR POMEGRANATE VINAIGRETTE:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, Bertolli®
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice, Pom®
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic and herb salad dressing mix, Good Seasons®
FOR PROSCIUTTO CROUTONS:
3 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, Bertolli®
FOR SMOKED TURKEY AND PEAR SALAD:
1 bag (5-ounce) prewashed baby arugula, Ready Pac®
12 ounces smoked cooked turkey breast, thinly sliced and rolled
1 can (15-ounce) sliced pears, drained, Del Monte®
2 ounces goat cheese, cut into 1⁄8-inch slices, Silver Goat®
1⁄3 cup glazed walnuts and almonds, Emerald®
1. For Pomegranate Vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, pomegranate juice, vinegar, and salad dressing mix; set aside.
2. For Prosciutto Croutons, separate prosciutto slices and roll up slices, starting from short ends. Cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add rolled prosciutto pieces to hot oil; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, remove prosciutto from skillet; drain on paper towels.
3. For Smoked Turkey and Pear Salad, divide the arugula among 4 plates. Top each portion with rolled turkey slices, pear slices, goat cheese, glazed nuts, and Prosciutto Croutons. Drizzle with the Pomegranate Vinaigrette.