Heavenly Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue
1 pkg (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
1/4 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh strawberries and cubed angel food cake
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch chips and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the condensed milk, marshmallow creme and milk.
2. Microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Keep warm. Serve with berries and cake. Yield: 5 cups.
Beer & Cheddar Fondue
4 cups (16 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 T all-purpose flour
1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
3 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Pretzel dipping sticks and sliced smoked sausage
1. In a large bowl, combine cheese and flour. In a small saucepan, heat the beer, garlic, mustard and pepper over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions. Keep warm. Serve with pretzels and sausage. Yield: 2 cups.
Golden Mustard Fondue
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup half-and-half cream, divided
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 egg yolk, beaten
1/3 cup cider vinegar
Pretzels or cubed rye bread
1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup cream and mustard until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
2. Remove from the heat. Combine egg yolk and remaining cream. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vinegar. Keep warm. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.