Accidental kitchen fire in Kirkwood apartment displaces 22 residents - KMOV.com

Accidental kitchen fire in Kirkwood apartment displaces 22 residents

(KMOV) – A kitchen fire that started in an elderly man’s apartment in Kirkwood displaced 22 residents Friday night.

According to Beth Von Behren, Kirkwood's public information officer, the fire began around 10:30 p.m. at the Kirkwood Bluff Apartments in the 2300 block of Timberview Road at Marshall. The Kirkwood Fire Department has ruled the fire as accidental.

While blaze was contained to one unit, multiple apartments in the 64-unit complex sustained significant smoke damage.

Fire department officials say the elderly man sustained injuries from smoke inhalation, but he is expected to survive. He was rescued from the burning building and was transported to St. John’s Medical Center.

One firefighter sustained injuries, but information surrounding the severity of those injuries has not yet been released.

The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

 

--

Click here to take a short survey, about KMOV. Your answers are anonymous - so be honest!  Thanks for chiming in, we really do appreciate your feedback.

Powered by Frankly