(KMOV) -- Residents were forced out of their Metro-East apartment because of an overnight fire.
It happened around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning on West C Street in Belleville, Illinois.
Authorities tell News 4 the fire started in the hallway of the apartment complex.
Five people were evacuated because of the fire. The fire chief tells News 4 no one was hurt.
Residents were able to return to their apartments shortly after crews had the fire under control.
Investigators are not calling the blaze suspicious but they are still trying to figure out the cause.
For breaking news alerts, text KMOVNEWS to 21321
Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast