Fire officials: Laclede Gas building fire ruled accidental, elec - KMOV.com

Fire officials: Laclede Gas building fire ruled accidental, electrical

Posted: Updated:
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs

(KMOV) -- The Laclede Gas building in downtown St. Louis caught fire Friday morning.

The three-alarm fire started around 8:00 a.m. The Laclede Gas building is located on 7th and Olive and is 33 stories high. The fire was reported to be on the 15th floor.

One person was being treated for smoke inhalation and was put into an ambulance. He was conscious and alert when he was taken in for treatment.

Hundreds of employees were evacuated to Kiener Plaza but are now being allowed back into the building.
 
Police and fire officials blocked off several streets in the downtown area.
 
Authorities ruled it to be an accidental electrical fire.
 
...

For breaking news alerts, text KMOVNEWS to 21321

...

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast

 

KMOV.com on Facebook

 

Powered by Frankly