ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- Four St. Charles firefighters are injured after battling a blaze at a home.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the fire broke out about 7:30 p.m. Sunday in the basement of a home. Fire officials believe it started in a fireplace.
Capt. Dan Casey says four firefighters were inside the home when a flash fire ignited the first floor. None of the injuries are considered life-threatening. By Monday, three of the four firefighters had been released from the hospital.
Casey says the residents of the home got out safely before firefighters arrived. A dog and a cat were rescued—the dog resuscitated with a dog oxygen mask. A second cat ran away and the whereabouts of a third was unknown.