Job Title: RESEARCH DIRECTOR
Send cover letter and resume to:
One South Memorial Drive
St. Louis, MO 63102
BRIEF SUMMARY OF POSITION:
KMOV-Channel 4 is looking for a full-time, research director who will provide research support to multiple departments within the station including the executive office of the General Manager, the sales, news and creative services departments. The Research Director is responsible for understanding, analyzing and interpreting the multiple software programs available like Nielsen, Marshall Marketing, Ad Connections and Google Analytics. The RD is also responsible for assisting all sales representatives and putting together the research presentations and one-sheets that communicate the station’s strengths and benefits to our advertising partners. This position also works closely with news and creative services to provide and interpret research that will lend in growing our audience for all our platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Maintain and update programming and Nielsen data in inventory for sales avail system.
• Provide estimates for local, national and syndicated program performance.
• Create creative sheets for programming alerts, new shows, program performance, special programming, sports, market information, competitive and general station or market information for head knowledge of sales, news and promotions.
• Analyze Nielsen data to discover trends and answers to any inquiries made by sales, news, promotions or clients.
• Analyze Nielsen data to position the station against competition, such as cable television, newspaper, direct mail, yellow pages and radio.
• Pull reports and analyze data on advertiser spending in newspaper and other television stations.
• Track media or industry news and distribute to sales, management and promotions for head knowledge and competitive edge.
• Provide training sessions on software, Nielsen data and industry insight to new account executives and assistants. Also provide training for any new software or products to the sales team.
• Work with outside consulting companies as the research contact for special projects.
• Pull and analyze qualitative research, such as Marshall Marketing and Media Monitors to find the best program fit for a client, help target the client’s consumers and position the station against competition. Also use qualitative data for promotional and creative aspects in terms of where the station should advertise itself and in creating promotional spots.
• Attend sales calls with account executives. Meet with clients as the objective consultant and to answer any questions regarding targeting consumers or research data.
• Update and distribute the station media kit, which provides general information on the station and the market, along with campaigns, charity involvement, news, programming, the power of television as a medium for advertising and the station’s position in the market.
• Track automotive dealers in the market and distribute information on performance, sales and the industry.
• Serve as contact between station and CBS network affiliate relations.
• Provide one-sheets and station information for the station’s national rep firm
• Report to Nielsen station records each morning to inform them of any programming changes or unscheduled programming for the metered market overnights and their records.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• College Degree required and 5+ years experience in broadcast TV research
• Excellent attention to detail and deep background in broadcast/media research.
• Strong computer skills with software knowledge of Microsoft products and Internet.
• Experience with media sales software.
• Strong Analytical, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Strong Mathematical, grammatical, writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff in the organization.
• Willingness to provide exceptional level of external customer service and internal service to sales team and other departments.
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and other research software tools.
• Enthusiasm and a “self-starter attitude”.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
KMOV is an equal opportunity employer