City officials: Godfrey restaurant fire likely started in refrigerator - KMOV.com

City officials: Godfrey restaurant fire likely started in refrigerator

GODFREY, Ill. (KMOV)—Initial reports suggest a fire that heavily damaged a restaurant in Godfrey, Illinois Thursday morning started in a refrigerator, city officials said.

Firefighters were called to the Round Table restaurant on Godfrey Road around 4 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, they reported flames shooting through the roof.  By the time fire crews were able to douse the flames, the restaurant was severely damaged inside and out.

Two other surrounding buildings reportedly suffered water and smoke damage.

No injuries were reported.

Godfrey city officials said they were told the fire began in a refrigerator unit behind the building, then quickly spread.

 

Powered by Frankly