St. Charles house fire claims family pet - KMOV.com

St. Charles house fire claims family pet

(KMOV) – An accidental fire in St. Charles seriously damages a home and claims a family pet.

Fire officials said the fire started in a carport attached to the house at 66 Oakdale Avenue. Fire quickly spread to the attic and then to the rest of the home.  About 1/3 of the home was damaged.
 
Everyone in the house made it out safely before the fire spread except for the family cat. Fire officials said there were working smoke detectors inside the home.
 
The damage total is estimated at $100,000. 
 

....

For breaking news alerts, text KMOVNEWS to 21321

...

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast

 

KMOV.com on Facebook

Powered by Frankly