Imagine the guilt you'd feel if you gave your dog a "treat" dog bone and it sickened, or even killed your pet? That's the reality for consumers who've contacted the BBB about the "Real Ham for Dogs" bone made in Washington, Missouri. The Food and Drug Administration now is investigating, as well. The problem seems to be the bones can break up into slivers in the dogs' digestive tracts, causing perforations or obstructions. The company says there is a label on the bone instructing owners how to "best help" the pet enjoy the treat. I read the label that said the bones shouldn't be eaten, but chewed over several days. Speaking only for myself, I don't want a bone that can't be given to my dog without supervision.