1. 1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips or chunks-I use Ghirardelli’s 60% cacao, but use whatever variety you and your family like
2. 1 zip-loc quart or gallon bag and a pair of scissors
3. 2 foil-lined cookie sheets
3. Toppings of your choice, such as chopped raw almonds, chopped raw pumpkin seeds, ground dried fruits, dried orange zest, and raw sugar.
1. First, prepare your cookie sheets with aluminum foil and spray with a light coat of cooking spray. Wipe the spray across the foil with a napkin or paper towel.
2. Then, place all your toppings and lollipop sticks in small bowls or ramekins...so they are ready for tiny hands.
3. Next, using a double boiler or a sauce pan with a glass bowl, melt your chocolate to a smooth, not runny, consistency.
4. Spoon chocolate into your zip-loc bag....cut a very tiny piece off a corner of the bag so that you have to squeeze to get the chocolate to come out.
5. Making the shapes-First, make the heart outline. Then, "color" in the lines with your chocolate. Place your lollipop stick at the bottom and be sure to layer a little extra chocolate around the stick to add extra strength to the base. The number of lollipops you will make depends on their size.
6. Sprinkle your toppings.
6. Place in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate is firm.
7. Enjoy a tasty treat!!!