A helping hand for fire victims - KMOV.com

A helping hand for fire victims

Imagine losing not only a daughter, but all of your belongings in a massive house fire. That's what happened to Lawrence "Bud" McCall and his family this past weekend. Their teenage son awoke to flames on the first floor, and managed to rouse his parents and two of his siblings. They all made it out of the house in the 3000 block of Keokuk is South St. Louis. But 10-year old Tegan Ledbetter did not make it, despite the best efforts of Bud McCall, who was burned trying to rescue her. Today, her neighbors and classmates tried to help the family cope with losing all their possessions, by dropping off donations at Mullanphy School, 4221 Shaw in St. Louis. If you'd like to help, go the the St. Louis public schools website, and you can get all the information you need.

www.slps.org

- Marc Cox, News 4

 

Powered by Frankly