Officer rescues two from fire - KMOV.com

Officer rescues two from fire

Quick thinking by SIUE Police Officer Dan Murphy plus diligent work

by local firefighters helped to contain a potentially deadly fire

that broke out around midnight at the Cougar Village apartments.

No one was injured and investigators do not suspect foul play, SIUE

spokesperson Greg Conroy said Monday morning.

Initial indicators and burn patterns indicate that the fire started

in the attic or roof of Apartment 529 and spread downward, said

Edwardsville Fire Chief Brian Wilson.

Exactly what sparked the fire has not yet been determined, Wilson

said.

Thunderstorms moving through the area knocked out power to Cougar

Village from about 4 p.m. on Sunday until after 4 a.m. on Monday.

Read full story at

Powered by Frankly