The first-ever winter edition of BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART kicks off with expanded multi-media platforms which will include presentations of the series on-air (CBS), online (RealNetworks, CBS.com, the CBS Audience Network), on the phone (CBS Mobile) and, for a second season, on cable (SHOWTIME) when BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART premieres Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 8pm.
CBS's BIG BROTHER multi-platform initiative includes the following elements:
BIG BROTHER on CBS:
· BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART will be broadcast three nights weekly on Tuesdays (8pm CT), the live eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, on Wednesdays (7pm CT) and Sundays (7pm CT).
BIG BROTHER ONLINE:
· REDESIGNED AND RELAUNCHED SITE ON CBS.COM to include:
- New streamlined and clean design to encourage content discovery and easy spotlighting of the most relevant content.
- More videos and photos than ever before along with an in-page viewer player for seamless watching.
- BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART widget which allows you to take the Big Brother House anywhere on the Web
- Increased Community features and functionality including a Big Brother Message Board.
· Full-length episodes, highlight clips and other content from BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART will be available across the vast CBS Audience Network, allowing a community of fans to watch the programs online and incorporate clips into their blogs, wikis, widgets and interact and discuss BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART on message boards. The CBS Audience Network consists of online partners such as AOL, Microsoft, CNET Networks, Comcast, Joost, Bebo, Netvibes, Sling Media and Veoh and social application partners including Automattic, Brightcove, Clearspring, DAVE Networks, Goowy Media, meebo, MeeVee, Musestorm, Ning, RockYou!, Slide, VideoEgg, Voxant and vSocial as well as Web sitesfrom CBS's 29 owned television, 144 radio, and up to 183 affiliated stations.
· CBS and RealNetworks, Inc., join forces for the eighth straight season to provide exclusive 24/7 live streaming video from inside the Big Brother house. The webcast coverage debuts immediately following the Feb. 12 premiere of BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART and will be accessible through the official BIG BROTHER Web site at CBS.com and through Real's SuperPass subscription service at www.real.com/bigbrother.
· The entire three-month live 24/7 Internet feed of BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART will be available through SuperPass. Subscribers to the 24/7 video stream can watch any one of four live camera feeds from inside the Big Brother house or catch all of the action at once with the special quad-cam view which allows fans to see four different video feeds simultaneously. Subscribers will also have access to an exclusive, subscribers-only Web chat that will allow fans from across the country to converse about what they see live on the feeds. Fans will be able to interact with one another and stay engaged with the show through Big Brother-focused blogs, chat rooms, message boards, weekly polls and other new interactive features.
(As in past years, to preserve the drama for BIG BROTHER television viewers, CBS may block or delay the webcast for a limited number of real-time events that transpire in the house.)
Additional BIG BROTHER elements include:
· HOUSE CALLS: THE BIG BROTHER TALK SHOW, the no-charge, half-hour, live streaming video and on-demand talk show, returns for its fifth season with broadcasts every Monday through Friday (12pm CT) on CBS.com.
HOUSE CALLS will be hosted by radio personality Gretchen Massey along with new co-host BIG BROTHER 8 winner "Evel" Dick Donato. Massey will interact with viewers through phone calls and e-mails, discuss events that transpire in the Big Brother house, offer prognostications, analyze strategies and interview former "Big Brother" Houseguests as well as current Houseguests following their eviction.
· The BIG BROTHER official Web site on CBS.com, will create an online community for fans to congregate and interact. Content will include summaries of all the events that happen during each televised broadcast; descriptions of the week's challenges; voting history pages; photo galleries; a houseguest section with complete profiles and message boards.
· "HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD BLOG" returns for its third season in which fans will be able to hear straight from the Head of Household about life in the Big Brother house, what it is like to be under the constant gaze of dozens of cameras and watched live on the Internet 24/7. In addition, Inside the House photos taken by the Head of Household via an exclusive CBS.com cam will be featured.
BIG BROTHER Mobile:
· For the first time, CBS Mobile will stream the entire season of BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART live 24/7 from the Big Brother house via a dedicated channel on the MediaFLO FLO TV service.
· BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART episodes will also be simulcast on CBS Mobile.
· BIG BROTHER: 'TIL DEATH DO YOU PART MOBILE PACK: For the mobile subscription package, producers will monitor the action inside the house around the clock to keep fans in the know with video clips, photos, live breaking house alerts and daily insider summaries sent straight to cell phones. Additionally, fans will be able to download exclusive made-for-mobile wallpapers and ringtones from their favorite Houseguests at CBSmobile.com. The service will be available on most major wireless carriers and fans will be able to subscribe via CBSmobile.com and on-air callouts during BIG BROTHER.
· AMERICA'S VOTE: During the season, fans will have the opportunity to cast impact votes. Fans can send in their votes via text message on most major wireless carriers.
· Finally, CBS will provide substantial numbers of mobile video clips from Big Brother on major carriers.
BIG BROTHER on Cable:
· CBS and Showtime will partner again to present "Big Brother: After Dark," a live look inside the Big Brother house during the late-night hours. "Big Brother: After Dark" will feature a feed from the Big Brother house for three hours (11pm-2am CT), seven days a week, on the cable network's "SHO2" channel beginning Tuesday, Feb. 12 .
BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day. Each week the Houseguests will vote each other out of the house. At the end, the last remaining Houseguests will receive the grand prize of $500,000 and a second place prize of $50,000.