Manchester couple found dead inside home - KMOV.com

Manchester couple found dead inside home

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

(KMOV) – An elderly couple was found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in their home in Manchester Saturday afternoon.

The couple was found dead sitting in their living room in their home in the 900 block of La Bonne Rd. Authorities say the couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning after they accidentally left their car running in their garage.

A neighbor became suspicious of the elderly couple’s absence on Thursday when he noticed newspapers were accumulating on their driveway and they did not put out their trashcans. He then notified the couple’s daughter who lives out of state. That’s when she notified police.

“I walked around with the first policeman who got here and there was an odor of gas,” said a neighbor. “He asked me if I smelled it and I could smell a very light wiff of it on the side of the house here.”

The Manchester Police Department, Laclede Gas, and the Medical Examiner have been investigating.

 

 

Powered by Frankly