Louisian' Barbeque Shrimp Over Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice Ingredients
-One Cup Par-Boiled Rice
- 1 pack Andouille Sausage (From Your Grocery Store Meat Aisle)
- 1 - 8 oz container Cajun Spice (Gulf Shores Restaurant & Grill, GRS&G, makes its own Cajun Spices Blend)
- Cook rice per box instructions
- Chop/ dice cooked Andouille into small chunks
- Mix dice Sausage and rice. Season to taste with Cajun Spice (usually about 2-3 tablespoons per cup cooked rice)
Barbeque Shrimp Ingredients
- 1/2 pound 26/30 count shrimp, peeled and de veined (about 12-14 shrimp), Leave the tails on for appearance.
- 1/4 lb stick butter for sauteing (GSR&G uses a zero cholesterol butter alternative for all saute)
- 1/4 cup barbeque Sauce (your choice from your grocery store aisle) (GSR&G makes its own southern style barbeque sauce)
- Cajun Spice or Barbeque Spice to coat shrimp (GSR&G makes its own barbeque spice)
- Add 1/4 lb stick of butter to saute or frying pan over medium heat
- Coat shrimp with Cajun or Barbeque spice by adding spice and shrimp to shaker bag. Be sure that each shrimp is evenly coated.
or place shrimp and spice on cutting board and coat shrimp evenly with Cajun or barbeque spice
- Place shrimp in saute pan with butter
- Saute shrimp until done or until they show a bronze color
- Add barbeque sauce and allow shrimp/barbeque mixture to simmer until both are hot
Final Plating Instructions
- Put 2-3 large spoons of dirty rice on serving plate
- Add serving of 4-5 barbeque shrimp over dirty rice (Don't forget the sauce. It makes the dish)
- Separately boil several pieces of 2 inch sweet corn on the cob
- Place 2 ears of corn on each plate.
- Season all contents on the plate w/ Cajun Spice
Prep time for all is less than 20 minutes.