Infant dies in Saturday night St. Charles house fire - KMOV.com

Infant dies in Saturday night St. Charles house fire

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

(KMOV) – A 10-month-old boy died in a St. Charles house fire Sunday.

Firefighters entered a house that was engulfed in flames at 405 Emmons St. from the second floor and found young Cameron Penn, Jr. in his crib. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Firefighters said the child's father was home at the time and was unable to rescue his son because of intense heat and smoke. He was able to escape the house and tried stacking garbage cans to get in a second story window.

Firefighters were able to save the neighboring duplex from sustaining major damage.  Both occupants inside that home were able to escape the blaze. 

The fire was brought under control in less than 30 minutes. Firefighters said damage is estimated at more than $100,000.  

For breaking news alerts, text KMOVNEWS to 21321

...

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast

 

KMOV.com on Facebook 

 

Powered by Frankly