No-Cook Strawberry Freezer Jam
• 1 package Ball Instant Fruit Pectin (It will say no cook/easy freezer jam)
• 4 cups crushed strawberries
• 1 ½ cups sugar or Splenda
• 5-eight ounce freezer or jelly jars
1. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and the fruit pectin.
2. In a large bowl, place the strawberries and crush with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
3. Gradually add the sugar mixture to the crushed berries and stir for 3 minutes.
4. Ladle the jam into the jars and let stand for 30 minutes.
5. Cover the jars with the lids and place in freezer until ready to use. Jam will keep in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
Steak with Strawberry Sauce
• 2 pounds boneless steak, whatever kind you like
• 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• ½ cup red wine
• 2 tablespoons bbq sauce
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Brush the steak with a little olive oil and cook to your liking in a preheated skillet.
2. Remove steak from skillet and let rest.
3. Meanwhile, into the skillet add the wine, balsamic, jam, sugar, and bbq sauce.
4. Season with salt and pepper and cook until sauce thickens.Pour over steak and serve.
Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing
• 1/3 cup each: strawberry jam, good olive oil, balsamic or red wine vinegar
• 1 bag spinach
• 1 cup sliced strawberries
• ½ cup each: sliced green onions, sliced almonds
1. Whisk together the jam, oil, vinegar and a few grinds black pepper.
2. Place the spinach in a salad bowl, top with the sliced strawberries, green onions, and almonds.
3. Right before serving pour desired amount of the dressing onto the salad and toss to combine. Store any extra dressing in the fridge for later use.