Job Title: MOBILE WEB DEVELOPER
BRIEF SUMMARY OF POSITION:
KMOV, the market leader on the native app and mobile web platforms in content and development with some of the most popular apps in the St. Louis market including KMOV, KMOV iPad, BaseballStL, KMOV Radar, FootballStL, HockeyStL, TrafficStL, Chicago Traffic, Missouri Basketball and Missouri Football apps is seeking a Mobile Web Developer to advance KMOV’s digital news presence and products and create new ways to engage audiences across multiple platforms and devices.
The mobile web developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of KMOV’s portfolio of digital products. He or she must have extreme attention to detail and drive for building clean, consumer facing, user-friendly, scalable mobile web products.
We are looking for a team player with excellent reasoning, problem solving abilities who is not rattled by change. He or she must have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced newsroom environment, while able to interact and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in writing lightweight reusable code to scale applications for use across apps and platforms. While many projects will be deadline oriented, the mobile web producer must be driven to thrive in non-structured, exploratory projects requiring creative and constructive solutions.
Applicants should be prepared to submit examples of three projects and details your role in the creation and delivery of those projects.
The Mobile Web Developer reports to the Director of Digital Media.
• Solid foundation in computer science and experience writing front and back end web and mobile code.
• Skills working with MySQL databases.
• Experience working with JSON and XML formatted content
• Experience working with server side development, PHP
• Knowledge of mobile applications using PhoneGap and understanding of native iOS and Android apps
• Experience using third party APIs
• Excellent debugging and optimization skills
• Proven experience tuning for client-side performance, high concurrency traffic and reduced load times/processor load
• Ability to develop for cross-browser and cross-device compatibility
• Optimize pages for the purposes of SEO best practices
• Knowledge of responsive design and mobile sites
• Creative design skills using the Creative Suite products is a plus
• Experience working in collaborative, small teams.
• Ability to react well to changes, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
• Ability to manage simultaneous projects
• High levels of organization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Desire to work in a team-driven environment
KMOV is an equal opportunity employer