Application process now underway to transfer out of unaccredited -

Application process now underway to transfer out of unaccredited districts

Posted: Updated:
By Belo Content KMOV By Belo Content KMOV

( -- Families of students in the unacreddited Riverview Gardens School District and Normandy School District now have the opportunity to apply for transer to a new district. 

Officials say families who want their children to transfer must complete applications before February 3 at 4 p.m.

Students who were placed in an accredited school in the current school year will have to complete an "Intent to Return" form by the same date. They also must contact their current district for instructions on how to re-enroll.

After applications are received, the home district will set appointments with all families to verify their residence to complete the process. Several documents are needed to verify residence including a: valid deed to home, current real estate tax receipt, mortgage statement or signed residential lease agreement and two of the following: current utility bill dated within the last 30 days (telephone bills are not accepted), valid occupancy permit dated within 1 year and listing both parent and child, 2013 personal property tax receipt, 2013 homeowner's/renters insurance policy or Social Services/Social Security Statement. 

The Children’s Education Alliance of Missouri will hold Student Transfer Town Halls to help inform parents on the process. Town Hall meetings will take place on January 27 at 6:30 p.m. at the Lewis and Clark Library and January 28 at 6:30 p.m. at the Indian Trails Library. Attendees are encouraged to RSVP at 314-561-8646.

Student transfer documents can be found here


Powered by Frankly