Residents displaced after fire breaks out at U City apartment co - KMOV.com

Residents displaced after fire breaks out at U City apartment complex

Posted: Updated:
By Brendan Marks By Brendan Marks
By Brendan Marks By Brendan Marks

(KMOV) – Some University City residents were displaced after a broke out in their apartment Thursday morning.

The fire started in an apartment in the 1000 block of Wild Cherry Ln. around 7:30.

Firefighters eventually got the fire under control, though the unit sustained damage to the living room. 

Officials say the occupants were using multiple space heaters because there was no gas heat. The Red Cross was helping them finding a place to stay.

Additional details were not immediately available.

Powered by Frankly