Elderly woman dead, another person injured after Ste. Genevieve home grease fire - KMOV.com

Elderly woman dead, another person injured after Ste. Genevieve home grease fire

(KMOV) – A 65-year-old woman in St. Genevieve is dead and another person is injured after a fire in St. Genevieve Monday afternoon.

The blaze began as a grease fire that spiraled out of control.

The owner of the home, Margie Gilmer, initially escaped the flames and flagged down a passerby who called the fire department, officials say.

That passerby then went into the burning home and rescued the man who suffered burns and smoke inhalation.

However, when she came back outside, the discovered Gilmer dead on the front porch.

Both victims were taken to a local hospital.

Click here to see entire video of the fire that a viewer posted to the YouNews section on KMOV.com

Powered by Frankly