Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. SYRIA OPPOSITION URGES EU TO SEND ARMS TO REBELS
The Syrian National Coalition’s call comes after Europe’s decision to let the Syrian arms embargo expire.
2. BACHMANN TO MAKE THIS TERM HER LAST
The tea party favorite from Minnesota says she will not run again in the U.S. House in 2014, saying inquiries into her presidential campaign’s finances didn’t affect her decision.
3. 7 CHARGED IN LARGEST MONEY LAUNDERING SCHEME EVER
The Costa Rican-based Liberty Reserve “became the bank of choice for the criminal underworld,” a prosecutor said of the $6 billion scheme.
4. WHO’S THE FAMILY BREADWINNER
A record number of American women -- 40 percent—are the only or main earner in households with children, up from 11 percent in 1960.
5. WHAT’S BOOSTING THE US ECONOMY
Surging home values, a brighter job market and record-setting stock prices propelled consumer confidence to its highest level since 2008.
6. WHO PUT CHINESE NEWBORN IN SEWER PIPE
A 22-year-old woman who raised the initial alarm about the trapped newborn later told police she was the baby’s mother and delivered him in a toilet.
7. EXPLOSION IN MARYLAND RATTLED HOMES, SPEWED SMOKE FOR MILES
A CSX freight train, some carrying hazardous materials, crashed into a trash truck, derailed and caught fire. Only one person was seriously hurt.
8. ARIZONA MOTHER OF SEVEN CHARGED WITH MARIJUANA SMUGGLING
Yanira Maldonado, 42, was jailed in Mexico after soldiers inspected the bus she was riding on and reported finding nearly 12 pounds of marijuana.
9. EX- NFL STAR POINTS TO BIEBER IN RECKLESS DRIVING CASE
Keyshawn Johnson complained that the pop star frequently speeds in their California gated community.
10. PACERS CHALLENGE NBA CHAMPIONS
Indiana’s Roy Hibbert had 23 points as the Pacers rallied late to beat Miami 99-92, tying the Eastern Conference final series at 2-2.