Date Available: November 23, 2009
Job Title: LOCAL TV/ONLINE SALES NEW BUSINESS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Send resume to: David Slazinik (314/444-3304) or Mike Cukyne (314/444-3379)
Local Sales Management Team
KMOV-TV, 1 Memorial Drive
St. Louis, MO 63l02
The position duties and responsibilities include
· Develop, service, and grow revenues from New Business Accounts.
· Sell TV spot availabilities, programs and facilites to agency representatives and directly to clients.
· Utilize One Domain, and Scarborough materials for research presentations
· Develop business for kmov.com.
· Coordinate activities with local sales manager
· Conceive, develop, prepare and present sales and research materials to clients
· Originate and maintain sales contracts, sales records (late runs, makegoods, etc.) and correspondence with accounts
· Ensure orders are scheduled properly
· Follow up on credit applications, billing discrepancies and accounts receivable
· Obtain necessary commercial material and scheduling instructions; provide same to traffic department
· Maintain files and records on costs, inventory, policy, competitive information, trade publicity and industry information
· Develop new direct and vendor business
· Achieve and exceed individual revenue plan for new business, locally produced shows and kmov.com.
· Sell sponsorships and product placement in locally produced shows.
· Web responsibilities include web site ad management, client calls, and proposal preparation and presentation to a diverse customer base of direct clients. Understanding of web marketing, internet commerce, rich media, campaign delivery, and the ability to utilize a variety of web platforms are considered a plus.
· College degree
· One to 3 years TV, cable, radio internet or print sales experience preferred
Specialized knowledge and skill requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Negotiation and presentation skills
· Direct sales
· Electronic media sales preferred
· Proficient with basic computer skills. (Microsoft Word and Excel)
· Basic Internet knowledge and experience a plus
KMOV is an equal opportunity employer