South St. Louis man burned attempting to put out stove fire - KMOV.com

South St. Louis man burned attempting to put out stove fire

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- A south St. Louis man was transported to the hospital on Friday after he attempted to put out a fire in his home.

Authorities said the fire started on a stove inside the victim's home in the 3900 block of Meramec Street around 2 a.m.

According to reports, the victim burnt himself while trying to put the fire out. 

He was transported to the hospital for treatment. His injuries were not considered to be life-threatening.

Fire crews responded to the scene extinguished the fire quickly. 

No other injuries were reported.

Powered by Frankly