Electric cigarette explodes in Florida man's mouth - KMOV.com

Electric cigarette explodes in Florida man's mouth

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) -- A fire official says an electric cigarette exploded in a Florida man's mouth, severely burning his face and knocking out some of his front teeth.
   
North Bay Fire Department Fire Chief Butch Parker says it appears the cigarette's battery exploded while the man was smoking Monday night. The chief likened it to a bottle rocket going off in the man's mouth. He also lost part of his tongue.
   
Parker says the man had been using electric cigarettes to help him quit smoking.
   
Authorities don't know what model cigarette it was.
   
The victim is being treated at a Mobile, Ala., burn unit.
 

Powered by Frankly