Two hospitalized after house fire in Bellefontaine Neighbors - KMOV.com

Two hospitalized after house fire in Bellefontaine Neighbors

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

(KMOV)—Two people were rushed to the hospital after a fire broke out inside a home in Bellefontaine Neighbors Monday evening.

Fire crews arrived on scene to find a woman yelling for firefighters to rescue her mother who was trapped inside the back bedroom of the house.

The fire started in the kitchen and was quickly spreading throughout the house. Crews were able to battle the thick smoke, find the mother conscious, and lead her to safety. 

The fire took place at a house at 805 Shepley near Riverview Gardens High School.

Authorities believe the fire started while the victims were cooking something on their electric stove and that the smoke detector worked properly.

The home was not destroyed but damage.

Both victims are currently being treated for smoke inhalation at a local hospital.

 

Powered by Frankly