2-Year-old strangled by mini-blind cord in south St. Louis home - KMOV.com

2-Year-old strangled by mini-blind cord in south St. Louis home

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

(KMOV.com) – Police said a 2-year-old child died after he got caught in the nylon cord of a mini-blind at a south St. Louis home Monday night.

Police say the accidental strangulation occurred Monday night at a home in the 8500 block of Water St. around 7:45 p.m.

According to authorities, the parents found the boy hanging several feet off the ground after he got tangled in the mini-blind.

Authorities believe the toddler got caught in the cord when he climbed onto a window sill.

The child was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The incident has some groups reminding parents on how to prevent such incidents involving mini-blinds.

Parents for Window Blind Safety say parents should follow the following tips to ensure maxium window-cord safety:

- Move all furniture away from windows so children do not have a place to climb up

- Replace window blinds, shades and draperies with safer products.

- Keep all window pull cords and lift cords out of reach of young children.

 

 

 

 

Powered by Frankly