ST. LOUIS (KMOV) -- The outdoor city pools in St. Louis City will open on June 11 and will remain open through August 17. Entry into the pools is free for St. Louis City residents.
? Chambers noon – 6:00 p.m. 7 days/week
? Fairgrounds noon – 6:00 p.m. 7 days/week
? Marquette noon – 7:00 p.m. 7 days/week
? Wohl noon – 5:00 p.m. Mon-Sat
? Tandy noon – 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri
? 12th & Park noon – 5:30 p.m. Mon-Fri
? Cherokee noon – 5:00 p.m. Mon-Sat
City pools also offer free swimming lessons and water aerobics classes:
? Wohl 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. Mon, Wed & Fri
6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Tues & Thurs
7:30 – 9:00 p.m. Mon & Wed
? Tandy 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. Tue, Thurs & Fri
6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Mon, Wed & Fri
? 12th & Park 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. & 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Mon, Wed & Fri
? Cherokee 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. Mon, Wed & Fri
? All Outdoor Pools 12:00 – 12:45 p.m Tues, Thurs & Sat
? Wohl 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. Mon, Wed & Fri
? Tandy 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. Tues & Thurs
? 12th & Park 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. Tues & Thurs
? Cherokee 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. Tues & Thurs
questions to ask when you and your family visit a public pool or spa:
Having the Appropriate Equipment
- Are there fences that limit access to the pool and spa?
- Has the pool or spa been inspected to ensure it is compliant with federal and local laws and regulations?
- Are the new safety drain covers being used in compliance with the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act?
- Do pool and spa pumps appear to be running?
- Is there life-saving equipment such as life rings and reaching poles available for use?
Staying Close, Being Alert and Watching Children in and Around the Pool
- Is there a lifeguard at the pool or spa to watch children and adults?
- Are you watching your own child or children when they’re in or around the water?
- Are there water safety rules posted in a visible area for adults and children to review?
- Is there sufficient staff to monitor the pool or spa when it’s in heavy use?
- Is there a charged phone close by at all times?
Learning and Practicing Water Safety Skills
- Do you and your children know how to swim?
- Is the staff trained and certified in first aid and emergency response?
- Do you know how to perform CPR on children and adults? Are those skills updated regularly?
- Do you understand the basics of life-saving, so you can assist in a pool emergency?