Lighting strike causes fire in Chesterfield - KMOV.com

Lighting strike causes fire in Chesterfield

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

CHESTERFIELD, Mo (KMOV.com) -- Fire officials said a Chesterfield house caught fire around 5:45 p.m. Monday due to a lighting strike.

The Monarch Fire Protection District responded to the fire in the 1400 block of Wildhorse Parkway Drive.

The owner of the home came home, smelled smoke and heard the smoke alarms going off.  The homeowner called 911 and when firefighters arrived they found lighting strike damage on the outside of the house.

The total damage was minimal, but as a result of the fire, the firefighters had to remove some siding and wall coverings to see if the fire had spread.

No injuries were reported.

Powered by Frankly