2 Children, 1 adult injured after smoke forces them into closet - KMOV.com

2 Children, 1 adult injured after smoke forces them into closet

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – A family was forced to take refuge after a grease fire broke out on the second floor of a north St. Louis apartment building on Monday.

Authorities said when fire officials entered the apartment, they found four children hiding in a closet.

“It was traumatic, they were scared; just glad someone came,” said firefighter Dave Sproling.

One adult and two children were taken to the hospital for minor smoke inhalation. Officials say the apartment is expected to remain livable.

Powered by Frankly