MAPLEWOOD, Mo. (KMOV) – Authorities said a construction crew accidentally caused a gas leak after a line was ruptured Wednesday morning in Maplewood.
The leak happened near the intersection of Hanley and Manchester by the Maplewood Metrolink station around 11:30 a.m.
Hanley was closed in both directions from Laclede Station to Manchester as crews worked to contain the leak and make repairs.
No businesses or homes had to be evacuated, according to officials.
Memorable mugshots: The famous to the bizarre
2 O’Fallon woman charged with flashing on golf course
Mom sacrifices daughters voice to save her life
Woman fatally pinned under car in own driveway identified
Officer shoots, kills suspect after foot chase in Belleville
Peek inside: $2.4 downtown St. Louis penthouse