Gas line sparks kitchen fire at hospital in north St. Louis Coun - KMOV.com

Gas line sparks kitchen fire at hospital in north St. Louis County

Posted: Updated:
By Belo Content KMOV By Belo Content KMOV

(KMOV.com) – Officials said a ruptured gas line sparked a fire in the kitchen of DePaul Hospital in Bridgeton Thursday morning.

DePaul Hospital officials said workers were cleaning behind the stove around 5:30 a.m. when they nicked the natural gas hose for the stove.

The small nick ignited a small fire, but workers said they were able to extinguish it before the fire department arrived.

DePaul officials said the fire department determined the incident had been safely contained.

The fire did not disrupt service and no one was injured, officials said.

 

 

Powered by Frankly