St. Peters fire causes $20,000 in damage - KMOV.com

St. Peters fire causes $20,000 in damage

(KMOV) -- Damage from a fire that began in the attic of a St. Peters home early Sunday morning is estimated to be approximately $20,000.

When firefighters from the Central County Fire and Rescue team arrived at the home on Debbie Drive, the homeowner showed them where he made a hole in the ceiling trying to find the fire after smoke alarms alerted him of the blaze.

The firefighters continued to pull the ceiling down and found an area where the fire was burning. They were ably to quickly extinguish the flames.

A preliminary report shows the fire started due to electrical wires arcing or shorting.

There were no reports of injuries. 

 

 

For breaking news alerts, text KMOVNEWS to 21321

...

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast

 

KMOV.com on Facebook

Powered by Frankly