No batteries in smoke detectors in fatal Missouri fire - KMOV.com

No batteries in smoke detectors in fatal Missouri fire

   CAMERON, Mo. (AP) -- Officials say there were no working smoke detectors in a northwest Missouri home where a father and his two young children died earlier this month.

   The Kansas City Star reports investigators found smoke detectors in the kitchen, dining room and a bedroom at the home in Cameron, but none of them had batteries.

   Police were called to the home on Aug. 17 and found the bodies of 36-year-old Robert Borchardt, 9-year-old Chelsey Borchardt and 7-year-old Tucker Borchardt were found.

   Emergency responders found no fire at the home, but there was a smoke-like odor suggesting there had been a fire.

   Investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen area. Police say all evidence points to an accidental fire.

   ------

   Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com

Powered by Frankly